WordPress is pretty SEO Friendly out-of-the-box but there are some things that aren’t built in and that’s why SEO plugins are necessary. This list of wordpress SEO plugins do some cool things that will help you increase how effective your wordpress site is to search engine rankings. Little things like using correct title tags for your posts make a lot of difference. These plugins below will further extend wordpress to be even more SEO friendly. And they should all be compatible with WordPress 3.0+.
Here’s a list of 16 SEO plugins for WordPress.
1. All in one SEO pack
(Visit Site) Automatically optimizes your WordPress blog for Search Engines and gives you many options for customizing things such as Meta data like page titles.
- Support for Custom Post Types
- Advanced Canonical URLs
- Fine tune Page Navigational Links
- Built-in API so other plugins/themes can access and extend functionality
- ONLY plugin to provide SEO Integration for WP e-Commerce sites
- Nonce Security
- Support for CMS-style WordPress installations
- Automatically optimizes your titles for search engines
- Generates META tags automatically
- Avoids the typical duplicate content found on WordPress blogs
- For beginners, you don’t even have to look at the options, it works out-of-the-box. Just install.
- For advanced users, you can fine-tune everything
- You can override any title and set any META description and any META keywords you want.
- Backward-Compatibility with many other plugins, like Auto Meta, Ultimate Tag Warrior and others.
2. WordPress SEO
(Visit Site) WordPress SEO is an all in one solution to search engine optimize your WordPress blog, featuring titles, meta descriptions, optimized breadcrumbs, XML.
- Post title and meta description meta box to change these on a per post basis.
- Taxonomy (tag, category & custom taxonomy) title and meta description support.
- Google search result snippet previews.
- Focus keyword testing.
- Meta Robots configuration: o Easily add noodp, noydir meta tags. o Easily noindex, or nofollow pages, taxonomies or entire archives.
- Improved canonical support, adding canonical to taxonomy archives, single posts and pages and the front page.
- RSS footer / header configuration.
- Permalink clean ups, while still allowing for, for instance, Google Custom Search.
- Breadcrumbs support, with configurable breadcrumbs titles.
- XML Sitemaps with: o Images o Configurable removal of post types and taxonomies o Pages or posts that have been noindexed will not show in XML sitemap.
- XML News Sitemaps.
- .htaccess and robots.txt editor.
- Basic import functionality for HeadSpace2 and All in One SEO.
(Visit Site) ScribeSEO takes all the guesswork out of SEO for your wordpress site. It basically does the majority of the SEO work for you and helps you:
- Discover the correct profitable keywords
- Stay automatically up to speed on SEO best practices
- Optimize your content better and faster
- Avoid content that reads like it was written by a robot
- Build quality links with less hassle and confusion
ScribeSEO is not free.[divider_line]
4. SEO smart links
(Visit Site) SEO Smart Links provides automatic SEO benefits for your site in addition to custom keyword lists, nofollow and much more.
[toggle title="Description"] SEO Smart Links provides automatic SEO benefits for your site in addition to custom keyword lists, nofollow and much more. SEO Smart Links can automatically link keywords and phrases in your posts and comments with corresponding posts, pages, categories and tags on your blog. Further SEO Smart links allows you to set up your own keywords and set of matching URLs. Finally SEO Smart links allows you to set nofollow attribute and open links in new window. It is a perfect solution to get your blog posts interlinked or add affiliate links to other sites. Everything happens completely transparent, and you can edit the options from the administration settings panel. [/toggle]
5. Google XML sitemaps
(Visit Site) This plugin will generate a special XML sitemap which will help search engines to better index your blog.
[toggle title="Description"] This plugin will generate a special XML sitemap which will help search engines like Google, Bing, Yahoo and Ask.com to better index your blog. With such a sitemap, it’s much easier for the crawlers to see the complete structure of your site and retrieve it more efficiently. The plugin supports all kinds of WordPress generated pages as well as custom URLs. Additionally it notifies all major search engines every time you create a post about the new content. [/toggle]
6. Platinum SEO pack
(Visit Site) Platinum SEO Plugin offers Complete onsite SEO solution for your WordPress blog.
- Automatic 301 redirects for any permalink changes
- Canonical URLs
- Optimized Post and Page Titles for search engines
- Generates all SEO relevant META tags automatically
- Option to specify meta description and meta keywords tag for categories and tag pages.
- Option to turn off Page title or Post title rewrites for any particular post or page
- Option to turn off Page title or Post title format for any particular post or page
- Helps you avoid duplicate content
- Lets you override any title and set any META description and META keywords, for any post or page
- Support for custom taxonomies in version 1.3.4
- Compatible with most other plugins, like Auto Meta, Ultimate Tag Warrior and others.However you may have to disable All in One SEO pack
- You don’t have to fear changing permalinks. If you are not satisfied with the current permalink, change it through Settings>Permalinks in your admin panel, without worrying about loss of Page rank or google penalty.Platinum SEO plugin will take care of issuing a 301 redirect to the new location.This is a new essential feature, not present in All in one SEO
- Add index, noindex, follow or nofollow, noodp, noydir, noarchive, nosnippet meta tags to any post/page.These options are not available in All in one SEO Pack.Find out why this option to set post/page level Meta Robots Tag useful?
7. SEO friendly images
(Visit Site) SEO Friendly Images is a WordPress optimization plugin which automatically updates all images with proper ALT and TITLE attributes.
(Visit Site) Redirection is a WordPress plugin to manage 301 redirections, keep track of 404 errors, and generally tidy up any loose ends your site may have.
9. SEO No Duplicate
(Visit Site) This plugin helps you manage your search engine duplicate content, by setting your post page’s canonical to the permalink.
10. Headspace 2
(Visit Site) HeadSpace is a powerful all-in-one plugin to manage meta-data and handle a wide range of SEO tasks.
[toggle title="Video: Using Headspace & Onlywire "] [/toggle]
11. I Love Social Bookmarking
(Visit Site) I Love Social Bookmarking is a simple WordPress plugin that allows your readers to submit your content to social media services via a clutter-free drop-down list. SEO optimised by using the “nofollow” tag.
12. Robots meta
(Visit Site) This plugin makes it easy to add the appropriate meta robots tags to your pages, disable unused archives, nofollow unnecessary links and more.
- Prevent indexing of your search result pages, while still allowing the search engines to follow the links on them, by adding noindex, follow robots meta tags.
- Disallow indexing of subpages to your homepage, category pages, author pages and tag pages, to prevent duplicate content.
- Prevent indexing of your login, register and admin pages by adding noindex robots meta tags.
- Add noodp an noydir meta robots tags, allowing you to opt out of DMOZ and Yahoo! Directory descriptions.
- Prevent Yahoo! and Google from indexing your feeds by adding a meta tag to their head-section.
- Prevent indexing of just your comment feeds.
- Disable author and date-based archives.
- Prevent attachment pages from ranking in the search results over your articles.
- Enforce a trailing slash on archives.
- Edit your .htaccess and your robots.txt from within WordPress.
- Assign robots meta tags to individual posts & pages.
- Verify your site with Google Webmaster Tools, Yahoo! Site Explorer and Bing Webmaster Tools.
- Add noarchive tags to your blog (Thanks to Henryk Gerlach).
13. WP super cache
(Visit Site) This plugin generates static html files from your dynamic WordPress blog. After a html file is generated your webserver will serve that file instead of processing the comparatively heavier and more expensive WordPress PHP scripts. This plugin makes your site faster and faster loading sites rank better in SERPS.
(Visit Site) A simple paging navigation plugin for users and search engines. Instead of next and previous page it shows numbers and arrows. In addition to increasing the user experience for your visitors, it has also been widely reported that pagination increases the SEO of your site by providing more links to your content.
15. Nofollow Blogroll SEO
(Visit Site) A simple plugin that adds rel=”nofollow” attribute to non-homepage Blogroll Links. Improves SEO while still providing some link love to your favorite sites.
16. WP SEO Tags
(Visit Site) This Plugin logs incoming queries from searchengines like Bing, Google and Yahoo. The last requests can be displayed via a sidebar widget.